re: [TowerTalk] verticals in woods vs. in a field

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: re: [TowerTalk] verticals in woods vs. in a field
From: John Kiesel <yamaha_xs_johnny@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 01:49:18 -0700 (PDT)

Ummm! Being in the Pacific North West with all those
Massive trees around here...Ummm!!
Let me tell you that if it starts Raining..Your
predictions go out the door!  Nails and other
paraphenalia go out to.. Only thing I'm looking for is
cover!!

The rain impact of nearby trees will cause a detuning,
if not a degredation of Antenna properties.

I have seen Verticals near Large Fir Trees become
useless in the rain..  SWR was 1 to 1 before the
rain..
then SWR 10 to 1 after precipitation...

  I'm no Scientist, but these are the facts.. I've
seen it time and time again..

Love to work you Jon on 6 meters!!

Johnny  KE7V

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail