RE: [TowerTalk] Antennas not at the top of a crank up

To: w7ts@comcast.net, TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Antennas not at the top of a crank up
From: "Wally Klinger" <wklinn@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 15:37:57 -0500
Good Afternoon Ken,

Yes, I have done just that. I fabricated a new and improved coax arm. The coax arm is (I think) a 3/4" square tubing which is secured to the tower with 2 bolts. The tube extends out 12 inches or so, and there is a steel ring which your coax goes through. All I did was to take a piece of square tubing run it out another 2 feet. I welded a ring for the coax so it passes through it. I welded an upright (round tube) to the end. My discone is on this. I welded a ring underneath the discone support tube. I attached a pulley, and voila! A dipole support!! The steel ran me lunch at McDonalds for my friend. I used my buzz box. And off to HD for a 4 dollar can of cold galvanizing. Less than 10 dollars. Beauty!

73--Wally W9BEA

Has anyone come up with a method of attaching a small VHF or UHF antenna at
or near the top of one of one the intermediate sections of a US towers or
similar crank up without interfering with the tower's operation (up - down)?
Thanks,
Ken W7TS