Re: [TowerTalk] Chicago Tribune news: Ham radio tower has the OKsignal

To: N8DCJ@YAHOO.COM, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Chicago Tribune news: Ham radio tower has the OKsignal
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:08:36 +0000
I don't know where you live Dan, but we in the Chicago suburbs are familiar with a creature that is especially prevalent in wealthy big city suburbs, the indolent, bored, self-centered whiner.
After he has grown tired watching the Bravo channel, he flails about looking for something to do.
Neighbors, productively occupied in past-times they enjoy, and minding their own business, are ripe for meddling with. To these people, "disaster" means loosing their hair stylist because he moved to Paris (not the one in Texas).

73,
rob/k5uj

From: Dan Bookwalter <n8dcj@yahoo.com>

"The federal government in its infinite wisdom interceded years ago on behalf of a small minority of radio operators when they might have been relevant to some national emergency and defense.

i wonder how the guy would feel had he been in the path of one of those hurricanes or a major tornado etc... we are irrelevant until needed then we are a indispensable...

i actually had someone welcome my tower since in the
case of an emergency we might have a viable
communication path....

Dan N8DCJ