Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting a 4x4 in concrete

To: keith@dutson.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting a 4x4 in concrete
From: j4976@juno.com
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:10:10 -0500
This is because concrete over 4000psi is supposed to be waterproof.  Low
grade concrete will wick water, but the higher grades will not.  Bridge
supports don't wick water, and they are concrete.  Either bury the post
deeper than normal, or set it in high psi concrete.  It will probably be
eaten by a critter before it rots.  By the way, .60 treated southern
yellow pine should be much better than redwood.  Its what they use to
build wood foundations which are burried for life.

Now includes pop-up blocker!