Re: [TowerTalk] insurance claims

To: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com, TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] insurance claims
From: Dan Bookwalter <n8dcj@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 10:35:59 -0800 (PST)
K4XS Wrote
"The pool is covered by a Florida
State
subsidized company that charges maxi rates and provide
mini service."

this can be a very serious problem... you really need
to talk to your insurance agent regarding frivoulous
claims agianst your homeowners insurance. it was
explained to me that in states where there is state
sponsored insurance (which doesnt cover much) you are
put into grades or pools and when you score to high
you are dropped. they can do this because of the state
sponsored insurance... my agent told me that in worst
case scenarios only about 5% of the homeowners wouldnt
be dropped.... so before you start claiming things on
your insurance you may want to think twice. Tom W8JI's
idea isnt bad...

this all came up when i was hit by a F1 tornado that
did a bunch of damage to the house ... i was told that
if it hadnt been classified as a tornado that the
claim would have counted against me... thank god it
was rated as a tornado even though it was the smallest
class of tornado...

i seem to remember the insurance agent saying
something about North Carolina being a bad state to be
in for Homeowners insurance...

Dan N8DCJ

http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com