[TowerTalk] Hy Gain HY Tower vertical

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hy Gain HY Tower vertical
From: "Van Fair" <giw@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 18:42:09 -0500
I just finished erecting a hy Gain HY tower vertical which is 1/4  wave for 75
meters and this one is set up to work only on 75 meters.  The only ground I
have thus far is one ground rod.  The hard work is still ahead.  The Unit
appears to work ok with resonance about where I want it but it hears about 1.5
s units below my slopers. The SWR is very low but I am sure it will go up with
a good ground field in place.   My questions are. (1) Will the addition of a
good ground field have the same positive effects on receive that I should
expect on the transmitted signal .
(2) Will the addition of a good ground field have any effect on the resonant
frequency that it now has with only a single ground rod.  Van W4GIW