Re: [TowerTalk] BANISHMENT FROM TOWER TALK

To: "Tower Talk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] BANISHMENT FROM TOWER TALK
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 17:08:57 -0600
On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 16:00:52 -0500, bob finger wrote:

>And Rich, if you stopped payment on your order after
>receipt please do whatever you must to get the products
>back to Steve. 73 bob de w9ge

Rich said he already did that -- see below.

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 19:28:50 -0000, RCARIELLO wrote:

>I sent the belt and other items back via UPS. The package
>was returned to me marked delivery refused.

Rich also said he made many phone calls that were never returned.
So if we accept his story at face value, he did his best. I don't
know Rich or Steve. Maybe Rich didn't listen carefully enough to
what Steve said he was selling, or maybe Steve didn't explain it
well enough. But there is clearly a problem between them. It should
remain between them, and they should resolve it like grown-ups.
When there are disagreements between people on a business
transaction, the standard way for good people to do that is to talk
it through and meet in the middle if necessary. Perhaps that's
what's needed here.

I also agree that to banish Rich from this list is childish and
arbitrary. If that reflects Steve's method of doing business, I
wouldn't want to do business with him either. And if I had sent the
stuff back by UPS once and it was refused, the vendor could order a
UPS pickup and pay for the return if he wanted it back.

Jim Brown  K9YC