[TowerTalk] Tower Conundrum

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Conundrum
From: <kk9a@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:24:27 -0000
I would also compare the coatings.  I could be wrong, but I believe that
Trylon is made from pre-plated steel and AN Wireless towers are hot dipped
galvanized.

John

From: "Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)" <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:49:04 -0500

I've compared the specs. and prices of Trylon and AN Wireless towers (at
least the light-duty ones for each brand) and found the prices to be similar
for similar heights and wind loading. But when I consider that

1. The advertised height of the Trylon includes the 8ft. pipe (supplied),
whereas the advertised height of the AN Wireless one is the height of the
tower itself.

2. The fact that the AN Wireless wind loading specs. already allow for the
antenna to be located on a mast 10' higher than the tower itself.

3. The far better calcs. that are available for the AN Wireless towers,

AN Wireless is a hands-down winner.

Alan NV8A
(no tower yet, but intending to buy a 60' AN Wireless tower to put up in the
spring)