Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Conundrum

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Conundrum
From: William Q Meeker <wqmeeker@iastate.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:33:49 -0600

I also thought that AN Wireless towers looked like a good buy. In addition to the technical reasons already mentioned below, there are a couple of additional reasons that I decided to purchase from AN Wireless.

1. Rapid, courteous, helpful responses from Dan Simmonds to all of my requests for information.

2. A huge amount of interesting, useful information on the web pages (especially all of the construction photographs).

3. Complete, wet-seal, plans from an Iowa PE for a reasonable price.

4. Dan will ship the base section ahead of the tower via UPS so that construction can begin almost immediately.

The plans that I received have the antenna 3 feet above the top of the tower, however.

Anyone thinking of constructing an AN Wireless tower this spring might want to order sooner rather than later. Dan told me (in late December) that due to a queue of orders he could not ship the entire tower until March. But the base section arrived within a week of my order. Now I am waiting for better weather!

73,

Bill, K0KT