[TowerTalk] Need Information on old Tri-Ex Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need Information on old Tri-Ex Tower
From: "Jim & Velma Woods" <woods@grantspass.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:58:44 -0800
I have just purchased an old Tri-Ex tower and am interested in info.  It is a
Model 354 and is a crank-up with 3 sections and a total height of about 54
feet.  I would like to know what Tri-Ex recommended for a concrete base and
rebar cage.  This tower is designed for guying but does appear to have a
tilt-over base.  I am planning on installing a small tribander on the tower.

Also, the tower has been painted several times and is chipping paint flakes.
Would like to strip and repaint.  What paint would work best?  There appears to
be galvanizing but there is some rust, although not severe.  It will take time
but as it is extended on the ground, this seems like the best opportunity to
paint it.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

Jim Woods, W7PUP
woods@grantspass.com