Re: [TowerTalk] substandard aluminum?

To: W4EF@dellroy.com, wa3gin@erols.com, jimjarvis@ieee.org
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] substandard aluminum?
From: BobK8IA@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 15:18:05 EST
Re Telrex 40m yagis: You know which model KS8S had, Mike?  Performance-wise
the 3 el on 29' boom model was marginal while the 3 el on 46' boom played very,
very well. I used them both, at various stations, during my contesting in the
60s-70s in eight-land.

I do recall some problems with element tips though. There was a satisfactory
work around, although I cant specifically recall what it was, nor do I think
Ercolino was any help.

73, Bob K8IA
ex-K8HLR