[TowerTalk] Isolation Transformer

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Isolation Transformer
From: Gene WØQFC <erastber@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 20:59:59 -0500
With all of the talk about lightning protection brought to my mind the
question:  Would a isolation transformer placed between the AC mains and the
shack breaker box afford any useful protection?
I just completed the outside wiring of running the 'main' line to the shack
from the house breaker panel. It was run outside the house, in PVC pipe to the
outside wall of the shack and then into the shack breaker panel.
I have a VERY large transformer that is aprox one foot square with multiple
taps.....
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Gene, WØQFC
Spring Hill, FL