Re: [TowerTalk] crosstalk between beams on a common boom (such asc31xr)

To: "Towertalk Reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] crosstalk between beams on a common boom (such asc31xr)
From: "David Hachadorian" <K6LL@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 22:47:57 -0700
From: "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 10:11 PM
Subject: [TowerTalk] crosstalk between beams on a common boom
(such as c31xr)

> For example, transmitting on a 20 meter beam while listening on
> a 15 meter beam.
>
> How great is the risk of damaging the front end of a receiver
> listening on one beam while transmitting on a second beam
> when both are close spaced?

How far apart are those elements on the multi-feed C31XR, just a
couple of feet? If you don't do everything just right, you will
blow the Rx every time. I would suggest dedicated sets of stubs
on the three feedlines, in addition to the BPF's. That's what
Natan, formerly of Force 12, recommended when I talked with him
about this subject. There is a 5B4 doing this with a C31XR, and I
remember him writing about it. It took a fair amount of work for
him to get overload under control, but he is doing it
successfully, at high power.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ