Re: [TowerTalk] crosstalk between beams on a common boom (such asc31xr)

To: "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] crosstalk between beams on a common boom (such asc31xr)
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 02:07:41 -0500
Al:

     I had asked a similar question of this reflector a few years ago when I
was considering installing mast-mounted pre-amps for V/UHF Yagis above my
tribander.  I was concerned about HF RF frying the V/UHF front ends.

     It was suggested to me that I install a power meter with appropriate
slugs in the V/UHF Yagis' feedlines and transmit on HF.  I could then
measure the actual power coupled into the V/UHF array(s).  Maybe this
technique would work for your situation.  I don't see why not.

     Once you know the magnitude of the coupled energy from one HF band into
another, you can decide whether additional isolation or filtering measures
would be necessary.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F