Re: [TowerTalk] Connectors for LMR-600

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>,"William Q Meeker" <wqmeeker@iastate.edu>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Connectors for LMR-600
From: Dave NØRQ <n0rq-lists@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 17:14:01 -0600
I wouldn't buy the expensive crimp tools for the
EZ-series, either.  However, if a person watches & waits,
they can be had on ebay for a whole lot less.  I got the
tool + die for 600 once, and later the tool + die for 400 --
less than $75 each time.  And using them with real
Times Microwave connectors is really really neat --
never thought I'd like crimp connectors, but these are
a treat.  The TM videos you mentioned are indeed
very helpful.

The UHF connectors are hard to find (other than standard
retail), and are >$20, but the Ns can often be found
on ebay for much less than retail -- I think the commercial
guys are moving away from type N.

Maybe you could borrow the tools from someone.  The
LMR-600 and -400 is good stuff -- you'll like the EZ
connectors, IF you have the right tools.

--
Dave NØRQ