Re: [TowerTalk] [BULK] - Re: [BULK] - Re: Tower Restrictions

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [BULK] - Re: [BULK] - Re: Tower Restrictions
From: Bob Nielsen <nielsen@oz.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:02:11 -0800
Hi Steve,

The house I had with the restriction on liquor sales was in L.A. (West
Hills).  I figured the guy who sold the land to the developer must have
been a teetotaler.  L.A. was pretty antenna friendly.  When I was living
with my folks in Santa Monica in the 1950s, the zoning administrator was
a neighbor.  I asked him about putting in a tower and he said there were
no rules one way or the other, so go ahead (that probably has changed a
bit).

When I lived in Tucson, AZ it seemed that antenna restrictions were
everywhere (covenents, not city or county requirements).  Where I am now
there is no hard limit (WA has a PRB-1 law) and below 60 feet or so, a
permit isn't even required, although I am physically not up to tower
work any more and settled for using a vertical.

Bob, N7XY (ex-W6SWE)

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          n7xy (at) n7xy.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.n7xy.net