Re: [TowerTalk] Wet setting conduit?

To: garyschafer@comcast.net, Gene Smar <ersmar@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wet setting conduit?
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:26:39 -0800
At 10:56 AM 3/30/2005, Gary Schafer wrote:
>What advantage is there to having it come up in the tower base? I would
>put it along side and not in the concrete.
>
>73
>Gary  K4FMX

You can run the lawnmower right up to the base and/or edge it.
(Having just accidentally mowed my sprinkler valve wires yesterday...
better to sever some copper than to ding the mower blade on a piece of conduit)

And, as well, there's nothing to trip over, get hung up etc. It's more
asethetically pleasing

(Says the man who has 6 pieces of RG-11 coax and a bright orange extension
cord hanging over the side of the roof, raising the suspicions of the code
compliance inspector from the city... Yeah, sure, it's for my satellite
dish I haven't got around to installing.)

And, the other thing is that if the conduit is plastic, in some
jurisdictions, it has to be encased in concrete to some depth below the
soil surface.  Otherwise you have to transition to metal conduit to bring
it up, which brings its own can of worms with it.

Jim, W6RMK