[TowerTalk] Rohn 55 base adaptor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 55 base adaptor
From: "Barrie Smith" <barrie@centric.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 19:24:18 -0700
Recently lost my second 70', 18" face Glen Martin tower to yet another "freak"
windstorm.

I'd like to try something that's a little less impressed with freaks, so am
considering Rohn 55, which is also 18" face, but (I've been told) considerably
stronger.

The first problem would be that I would like to use the existing concrete and
steel base from the GM to mount the Rohn 55.

The base is considerably beyond the specs provided by GM.

I have three 7/8" studs, spaced 21" apart in a triangle.  The studs are just
over 2.25" above the concrete.

I have no knowledge of Rohn towers or Rohn bases, but it would seem to me that
there may be a Rohn 55 base that I could (safely and well) adapt to my existing
concrete and steel assembly.

Any thoughts?

73,

Barrie, W7ALW