[TowerTalk] polygon rod

To: "'Pete Smith'" <n4zr@contesting.com>, <keith@dutson.net>,"'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] polygon rod
From: "Kevin Adam" <n9iww@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 08:58:25 -0500
Here is the information that is needed for one to make purchase of polygon
fiberglass rod there must be a coordinator one that ham that makes the order
he is responsible for the whole bill if the others back out all one has to
do is call place the order give credit card number to charge it to. If the
order is split up each person can send in there information via phone call
or fax but there must be one Point of contact only to go thru act as the
coordinator this person make all arrangements shipping to destination of the
order if the order is split up that is okay but the total min even start the
production line is 5000 feet they won't even consider anything less one
might just take chance and call see if they might some over run in stock but
this just chance only when id the order last year they get some short runs
then I informed fellow hams and it was sold within hours so this rod goes
fast at the price they sell it for, they will ship any amount of the order
to different places but the total order must be 5000' min this is truck ship
only due to the fact is a 8 foot diameter coil that is the only way they
make this product the plp grips work great but are tight fit and hard to put
on but when on there on tight. There is another type of grip that goes on
the end but I don't know the manufacture of these there is ham in Virginia I
believe that has web page that will list the glass grips. N3RR visit his
site he has a lot of information on the grips.
One word of warning there is small glass splinters on the out side of the
rod if allergic to fiberglass fibers be very careful they have a lot of
fibers on the out side of the rod the coil can cause you great pain if your
not watching what your doing the spring of it unwinding is pack a punch to
the lower legs area I know found out the hard way one must work with it
slowly and careful one thing I can't stress enough of is to wear gloves and
take you time unwinding the coil it has spring like horse whip that hurts,
the coil doesn't have much tension on it just that is in a coil.
Hope this helps the stuff is real easy to work with cutting with hack saw
fine tooth on works just fine. Hope you all have tower install.
Since I have purchased 4000 feet of the rod it works great.

N9IWW
Kevin Adam
1239 West Till Rd
Fort Wayne,IN 46825