Re: [TowerTalk] Reseting remote computer

To: W4EF@comcast.net, garyschafer@comcast.net,towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Reseting remote computer
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:09:40 EDT
Howdy, TowerTalkians --

    Please don't misunderstand me. I'm in favor of lots of things and I
totally understand the attractiveness and challenges of remote stations.
Several
years ago N0AX and I kicked around the idea of building a couple of remote
stations and renting out time on them ala' a timeshare scenario that anyone can
join and schedule the use of. At the time the technology wasn't there but we
were
pretty sure the potential market was - and it's probably more viable now more
than ever. Any takers?

    But TT is for tower and HF antenna construction projects, you  know -
steel, aluminum, and nut and bolt topics. When you start taking about computer
related specifics, modems, protocols, X10, etc., you really need a forum for
THAT. I'd suggest that someone start a 'remote station' reflector and people
interested in THAT topic can go nuts. When you get to the point of having tower
and antenna questions, come on back to TT and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TT ADMIN