Re: [TowerTalk] Bird loading and elements

To: "SJ W3TX" <superberthaguy@adelphia.net>,"David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>,"'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>,"Pete Smith" <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bird loading and elements
From: "Roger K8RI on Tower" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 13:21:04 -0400
What kind of birds are they?

This reminds me, I was going to put up a photo of my antenna system showing
a group of Cormorants using it as a wayover on their trip South.

Cormorants are *big* birds.  Even with the boom truss you can see the sag.
The scans are part of over 20,000 images, so it may take me a while to find
them.  Too bad tthey weren't shot with the digital cameras. They'd be a lot
easier to find.

At any rate, IF I find them I'll put some up on a page and post the link.
The occasional Hawk will perch up there, but they are small by comparrison.

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com