Re: [TowerTalk] Bird loading and elements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bird loading and elements
From: "D. Scott MacKenzie" <kb0fhp@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 20:24:00 -0400
There are also aerodynamic loads from wings flapping......

I think the risk at shooting at them is not the release of the load (unless
you were standing under them), but hitting the elements... then it would
certainly be a dynamics problem.

Since the questions was posed as "how many birds does it take to cause an
element to fail...." then a first order statics answer would be
appropriate....