[TowerTalk] Tennadyne's T3.20M - 8.5 dBd on 18' boom

To: towertalk@contesting.com, w8ji@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tennadyne's T3.20M - 8.5 dBd on 18' boom
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 09:31:42 -0400
W8JI wrote:
 >If you want to see a real "interesting" design with some
"solid theory" check out this antenna....

<http://www.hamuniverse.com/1elbeam.html>http://www.hamuniverse.com/1elbeam.html

 >I think maybe that's a humor site, but I'm not positive. I
hope it isn't intended to be serious!

         Tom, here's another I recently discovered:
http://www.tennadyne.com/new_models.htm

Scroll down to the T3.20M which claims 8.5 dBd
and 10.6 dBi on 20 meters with an 18' boom (both
are ~2 dB higher than I would predict).  It
appears they may have forgotten to add the
disclaimer at the bottom of another webpage:

http://www.tennadyne.com/specs&prices.htm

*These gain figures are fictitious, but since other
antenna manufacturers tend to use them to
manipulate things in their favor by enhancing
their specifications with phony data, we've added
them so that you can get accurate comparisons.

         I love the logic here: "fictitious...so that
you can get accurate comparisons".  I wonder how
long it will take Tennadyne to add a disclaimer to the
first webpage above?

         Gotham Vertical copywriters are alive and
well and now living at Tennadyne.  ;-)

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV