Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting 4 square verticals

To: <douglas.snowden@med.va.gov>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mounting 4 square verticals
From: "Larry Emery" <k1uo@uninets.net>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 17:24:42 -0400
These Resin Support Block Clamps are ideal and can be purchased from
DX Engineering in sizes to 2 1/2 inches.  Look in theAntenna Building
Parts section.

http://www.dxengineering.com/Parts.asp?ID=184&PLID=24&SecID=1&DeptID=21&PartNo=DXE%2DRSB%2DI20000Another
 method that works extremely well is using materials from thelikes of Home
Depot. That is the use of a sleeve of  PVC  of theproper diameter to fit the
tubing used and then held in place withconduit clamps mounted on the 4X4
post.Larry K1UO----- Original Message -----From:
<douglas.snowden@med.va.gov>To: <towertalk@contesting.com>Sent: Tuesday, May
24, 2005 4:01 PMSubject: [TowerTalk] Mounting 4 square verticalsI am going to
be making a trip to the irrigation tubing supplier in acoupleofdays. Plan on
buying several pieces for a 40m 4 square.  I don't havetheambitionfor a 80m 4
square yet.  My question is:  If I put the pipe on 4X4pressuretreatedposts, do
I need to worry about insulating them?  I would guess Iwould havethema foot off
the ground.  Or if I elevated them 6 ft or so would thatmake adifference?I have
put verticals up in the past, and was ignorant of any path tog
 roundthough thewood I used. I see on the "net" a few pictures of insulated
http://www.mscomputer.com  for "Self Supporting Towers","Wireless Weather
Stations", and lot's more.  Call Toll Free,1-800-333-9041 with any questions
and ask for Sherman,