Re: [TowerTalk] Putting the HAM-IV back together

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Putting the HAM-IV back together
From: K4SB <k4sb@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 04:32:20 +0000
Gedas wrote:
> Hi everyone.  I have found that my HAM-IV is in need of repair. Before I send
> it off I thought I would at least open it up to have a look.  It seems to
> turn in one direction only and trying another control box did not solve the
> trouble.

Reassembly is very carefully noting the steps in taking it apart. You
especially should make a scribe mark on both the upper and lower case
to ensure you place it back exactly as it was.

As for the problem, it is more than likely that one of your "end of
direction" cut out switches is open. I would remove the bottom and
check them carefully. Both switches MUST
be closed for the antenna to operate in its normal range. When 1 cut
out is engaged, the only source of power to turn in the opposite
direction is the remaining closed cut out.

BTDT

73
Ed