Re: [TowerTalk] Putting the HAM-IV back together

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Putting the HAM-IV back together
From: "W5PR" <W5PR@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 06:45:29 -0500
 Are you sure a wire is not broken???

Chuck W5PR

-----Original Message-----
From: towertalk-bounces@contesting.com
[mailto:towertalk-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of K4SB
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 11:32 PM
To: TowerTalk@contesting.com

Gedas wrote:
> Hi everyone.  I have found that my HAM-IV is in need of repair. Before I
send it off I thought I would at least open it up to have a look.  It seems
to turn in one direction only and trying another control box did not solve
the trouble.

Reassembly is very carefully noting the steps in taking it apart. You
especially should make a scribe mark on both the upper and lower case to
ensure you place it back exactly as it was.

As for the problem, it is more than likely that one of your "end of
direction" cut out switches is open. I would remove the bottom and check
them carefully. Both switches MUST be closed for the antenna to operate in
its normal range. When 1 cut out is engaged, the only source of power to
turn in the opposite direction is the remaining closed cut out.

BTDT

73
Ed