Re: [TowerTalk] BAMA was Re: KLM KT34XA and 40M-3A manuals

To: <dcm@stanford.edu>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] BAMA was Re: KLM KT34XA and 40M-3A manuals
From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 06:42:24 -0700
Ah.. but BAMA actually has permission to have those copyrighted documents
and distribute copies.  For instance:
"As mentioned below, a license has been granted by Agilent to allow BAMA to
carry HP manuals.  "  (from their FAQ page)

And that's my point.. generally, if you ask nice, the copyright holder will
let you make copies, particularly if it's not a revenue stream for them.
Yes, there are companies that are jerks about this, and maybe that sort of
(lack of) support policy is  something to keep in mind when selecting a
vendor.  And, then, there are businesses where the entire revenue stream is
by selling copies of the product, and one can see why they might get a bit
tetchy.  Sams Photofacts are a case in point.  I believe that Brian
Beezley's (sp?) antenna software is another.

Jim