Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator cable

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator cable
From: "Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)" <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 16:37:37 -0400
On 06/02/05 03:14 pm Phil Camera tossed the following ingredients into
the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

> For my AlfaSpid installation, which is over 500 ft from the shack, I used the
> following.
>
>>From the controller in the shack to the lightning arrestor (ICE type) just
>>outside the window of the shack I ran regular multi conductor rotator cable
>>(#12 for the power and used the #14 for the positioner).

<snip>

What you are calling "regular multi conductor rotator cable (#12 for the
power and used the #14 for the positioner)" is the kind of thing I was
trying to find, but nobody seems to sell anything with #12 conductors
and other thinner conductors.

Where did you get this stuff? Who makes it? Our local electrical supply
house is listed on the Belden Web site as one of their vendors but in
fact no longer carries Belden products -- not that Belden makes rotator
cable that heavy anyway, as far as I could see.

Alan NV8A