Re: [TowerTalk] Improving my dipole

To: 'towertalk' <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Improving my dipole
From: Jan Erik Holm <sm2ekm@telia.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 07:26:14 +0200
I would run high Z open wire feeder to it, it will then even work on
75m with very little degraded performance compared to a 1/2wl for 75m,
less then a dB.
Best is to get a good balanced tuner, something like an old faithful
Johnson Viking matchhbox.
It is very very easy to make a 400-600 ohm feedline yourself and the
material wouldn´t cost many dollars at all, if you dont run super
high power it can be made very light weight.
To answer your questions, no dont shorten it, dont worry about the ends
in the foliage, best performance increase is to go to open wire feeder,
if it sags down a few feet no big deal.

73 Jim SM2EKM