Re: [TowerTalk] Improving my dipole

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Improving my dipole
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:07:20 -0500
Yes.  Multiple wires from the same feed point do an adequate job on multiple
bands..  Be sure to separate the wires about 2 or three inches for best
performance.

The reason 80 performance is different using 160 length wires is that the
pattern changes when using a full wave antenna.  The ARRL Antenna Book has a
section devoted to radiation patterns and how they change with wire length.

73, Keith NM5G