[TowerTalk] 135 foot dipole, 300 ohm twinlead (more)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 135 foot dipole, 300 ohm twinlead (more)
From: "Buck - N4PGW" <n4pgw-list2@towncorp.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 22:46:48 -0400
I have an update on the TVI problem. (a little more detail)

I just checked out the TV to watch the TV.  The TV changes color on each
channel starting with 2, then 10,20,30,40,50,60,and 70 (the limit of TV
channels on CATV).  I didn't check each and every channel.  This should show
the entire spectrum is affected.  It does little damage to the audio.  I can
hear it but dad can't.  It just started when I changed antennas from the 129
foot fed with coax to this 135 foot fed with 300 ohm twin-lead.  I do have a
ground wire going from the radio to a copper ground stake outside my window.
I also have a ground wire going from the 3rd wire ground from my outlet to
the outside ground stake.  The antenna tuner is grounded as is the radio.
By default, one side of the antenna is grounded as per the internal wiring
of the tuner.  The twin lead has a great electrical and mechanical
connection to the dipole.  The wire is not shorted across the back of the
tuner.  The random wire/balanced line jumper is properly connected and
secure.

I have read all messages replies up to now.  My apologies to those who don't
receive a personal reply.  Thank you, I am listening.

As soon as I get this off, I will be re-routing my wires so the twinlead is
not next to other wires and metals.  I may shorten the lead as needed.

I told dad I had posted the question on the internet.  He asked if I got a
bunch of replies telling me not to operate when he is watching TV.  I told
him I was more likely to get replies saying to turn the TV off when I am
operating. Lol.  Would anyone like to vote?

I'll be making the changes now and I'll post the results in a few minutes
when I have had time to test it.

Thank you all again.

I'll have more questions about this antenna non-tvi related once I resolve
this (or give up trying.)

73
N4PGW
Buck