Re: [TowerTalk] I improved my tower cam a bit

To: "Mark - AA6DX" <AA6DX@ARRL.NET>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] I improved my tower cam a bit
From: "K8RI on Tower talk" <k8ri-tower@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 16:47:16 -0400
I only see a quick peak from each and then it blanks.  Then repeats rather
than staying up until the next update.

Camera for the shack seems to be trying to show too much and has way too
wide an angle lens. Rig is just a tiny thing at the bottom center.

Outside image appears to be something on the camera cover.  You do have a
weather cover over it?
It could be a film of oil from the heat, water vapor, or any one of a number
of things.

I do like the idea of a tower cam though.  I have gone up and stood on the
top plate and done several panoramas.  What I'd like to do it put one of my
old digital cam corders up there and remote control it.  It's a bit too far
for normal wireless and would require setting up a complete remote control
program on the computer.  Otherwise with wires I can set up a box with
simple controls. (Maybe some day)

N833R - World's oldest Debonair CD-2
www.rogerhalstead.com