Re: [TowerTalk] Water in my XM240

To: "K4SAV" <RadioIR@charter.net>,"Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Water in my XM240
From: "Tom McAlee" <tom@klient.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 10:36:23 -0400
> I NEVER use caps on elements or booms. You must let the water out!

The SteppIR's elements have an interesting solution.  They have pieces of
round foam stuck in the ends of the elements.  They are supposed to let any
water out whilst keeping the critters out.

The boom ends are open.  I guess its a little more important to keep the
critters out of the SteppIR's elements, as a nest in one could prevent the
strap from travelling the entire length of the element.

Tom, NI1N