Re: [TowerTalk] Measuring electrical length of coax...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, "Dino Darling" <k6rix@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Measuring electrical length of coax...
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:53:57 -0400
> I've experimented with the MFJ 259B for stubs and phasing
lines, but if it
> is critical, I'll order lines from M2.  I'd sure like a
good method that I
> could employ myself.  Also, do you short the end of the
coax or leave it
> open.  The MFJ book lists both methods.

Watch the MFJ manuals.

A few years ago someone rewrote the manuals for antenna
analyzers and messed up DTF procedures. They may have also
messed up the stub procedures.

Also someone had the assembly line setting harmonic nulling
by measuring a voltage point in the analyzer. That doesn't
work. If harmonics aren't nulled correctly stub measurements
will be wrong.

http://www.w8ji.com/mfj-259b_calibration.htm

73 Tom