[TowerTalk] Speaking of the HP-8405A Vector voltmeter...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>,"W0UN -- John Brosnahan" <shr@swtexas.net>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Speaking of the HP-8405A Vector voltmeter...
From: "Gedas" <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 20:18:13 -0500
I have enjoyed reading this thread, and then, it got even more interesting for
me when I saw the ole HP voltmeter mentioned.  I have one of these, with the
manual in FB shape as of about 1 year ago.  The problem is I am not sure how to
use it for making different antenna related measurements.  What I really would
love to know is if there are any available texts or documents that might serve
as an app note to using one of these.  If anyone has any notes or publications
or locations where I can go to see practical descriptions on test setups etc
useful for antenna experimentation, please let me know. I would be very happy
to reimburse you for any trouble and/or copy expenses etc if you have something
and would like to share it with me.  Much like the MFJ antenna meter, which
people have found dozens of uses for, I wonder if the same is not true for this
ole thing.
73,
Gedas

e-mail  w8bya@mchsi.com