Re: [TowerTalk] Insurance on tower

To: "David Aronovitz" <k1lpi@verizon.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Insurance on tower
From: "Tom McAlee" <tom@klient.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 21:11:51 -0400
I'm not an insurance agent, but I've had it explained to me by a few along
the way and thats never how I interpreted it.  And, I know people who have
made claims and thats not how it worked.

Replacement value means you get the depreciated value unless/until you
replace it.  If/when you do, you will get the full value of the replacement.

For example, when my friends house was broken into, her insurance company
sent her a check for the depreciated value of the television, stereo, etc.
When she actually went out and bought new ones, she sent in the receipts and
they sent her an additional check to cover the difference.

That's how I've known and understood it to work anyway.

Tom, NI1N