Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Down Due To Cindy Tell Ne What You Think

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, <jclark6@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Down Due To Cindy Tell Ne What You Think
From: "Reicher, James" <JReicher@hrblock.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:57:34 -0500
Finally one I can sink my teeth into!!!!  My experience isn't with a
tower, though.

Almost a year ago (on July 16th) a huge storm blasted through the KC
area... 80 MPH + winds, tornados, lightning, the whole works.  There was
even a Sheriff's Patrol car that got hit by lightning.  The car was
totaled but the deputy was ok.

During this whole mess, at approximately 2:45 AM, my next-door
neighbors' trampoline got caught by one of those 80+ winds and decided
to attack the side of my house. It hit hard, hard enough to wake both me
and my XYL from a deep sleep.

My wife asked, "What was that?!"
I replied, "I don't know, go back to sleep." And immediately took my own
advice.

A few hours later, when I finally woke up, I inspected the damage
outside...  holes punched in the siding over the entire wall.  I woke my
wife just enough to tell her what happened and drove off to work.

After arriving at work and getting my coffee, I got a call from my
apparently-shaken wife... "Honey, there's a hole in our bedroom wall"

"Yes, I know...  the trampoline hit the outside wall..."

"No, I mean IN our bedroom... right behind the bed...  behind your
pillow."

The trampoline had punched a 2 foot diameter hole through the entire
wall.  I figure I'd missed getting some cranial ventilation by about 6
inches.

I called our insurance agent who told me that our neighbor was not
liable, since the storm was an Act of God.  Told us that we still had to
pay the deductible, but if we worked it out right, we might be able to
get the neighbors to pay it, even though they were not liable.

73 de N8AU, Jim in Raymore, MO