[TowerTalk] Suburban House Hunting Advice Needed

To: superberthaguy@adelphia.net, n6kj.kelly@gmail.com,towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Suburban House Hunting Advice Needed
From: "Pat Barthelow" <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 09:19:36 -0700
Scott Said to Kelly Johnson:

Kelly,
I have alot of experience in this area.  find, then buy, very cheap land way
out in boonies (that
has telephone service
Snip:...

Then setup a simple remote control system via telephone.  Also, the station
will be a great family place to go camping.  Consider renting access via
phone to pay for the station costs
As antenna restrictions become more numerous, I think this is the wave of
the future.
Best luck, and 73,
Scott W3TX

Scott and Kelly:
When  I  went to Slovenia  (S5)  to visit the   WRTC 2000  event, I was not
a competitor, just a ham vacationer.  As such I was fortunate to be able to
travel to see  most of the competition stations in the event.... travelled
throughout the beatiful country of Slovenia.   It quickly became apparent
why there are so many LOUD  S5 stations heard over here....Many individuals
lived in the towns and villages  had found a location to set a Shipping
container up on a hilltop nearby, and put their super stations there,
including optimum antenna systems.   I dont know how expensive it was for
them to find and rent or buy a place, but there were a lot of S5 hams who
did this.   Perhaps a shipping container, tower, and a nearby hilltop
outside of town  is the solution, especially with more and more kinds of
solutions for remote control of stations.
73, de Pat, AA6EG  aa6eg@hotmail.com