Re: [TowerTalk] Practical Ground Screens for NVIS antennas

To: "Mark ." <n1lo@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Practical Ground Screens for NVIS antennas
From: David Jordan <wa3gin@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:53:04 -0400
Mark,

If you are using a 1/2 wave dipole the wire on the ground should be
unbroken and 5% longer.  You can run two or three parallel wires spaced
a few feet apart or just one wire.

If you are using a full wave dipole then the reflector  should be broken
in the center. You're basically feeding two half wave antennas and the
reflectors should be independent.

My 2 Cents,
dave
wa3gin