Re: [TowerTalk] Lifting 45G?

To: Tom Rauch <w8ji@contesting.com>, <K7LXC@aol.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lifting 45G?
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 14:00:46 -0400
Surely there is a rigger's trick for doing the initial pick as you describe
and then transferring the lifting point to the top of the stick as it
approaches vertical

At K4JA, he had a crane put up 2 X 100 feet of super heavy duty AB-105 for
a 40M stack.  The crane had no clearance above the top of the second piece,
so the connection had to be just below the top,  and because it was not
vertical, the climbers had a very hard time getting the bolts in at the
joint. It would be worth trying to find a way.

73, Pete N4ZR