Re: [TowerTalk] Lifting 45G?

To: n4zr@contesting.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lifting 45G?
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 14:48:34 EDT
In a message dated 8/8/2005 11:01:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
n4zr@contesting.com writes:

>  Surely there is a rigger's trick for doing the initial pick as you
describe
and then transferring the lifting point to the top of the stick as it
approaches vertical

    If there is, I haven't seen it. That's not to say there isn't one - I
just haven't seen it.

>  At K4JA, he had a crane put up 2 X 100 feet of super heavy duty AB-105 for
a 40M stack.  The crane had no clearance above the top of the second piece,
so the connection had to be just below the top,  and because it was not
vertical, the climbers had a very hard time getting the bolts in at the
joint. It would be worth trying to find a way.

    QSL - that screwing around is what I'm trying to avoid.

    So my question really is can I pick up 100' of 45G from the top without
bending anything?

Cheers & tnx to everyone for their comments,
Steve   K7LXC
TOWER TECH