Re: [TowerTalk] Yagi lightning protection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yagi lightning protection
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:44:37 -0500
You assumed correctly, Tom.  Default is open (CW tuning).

I lost your previous post.  What material would you use as a gap?  Could
this gap be inside the box parallel with contacts, or is it best to run one
side to the boom?  If the latter, could the gap be formed by wrapping a
sheet of insulation (such as tape) around the boom, then a copper strap over
that?

73, Keith NM5G