[TowerTalk] Manual for MFJ 989B needed

To: towertalk <Towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Manual for MFJ 989B needed
From: Bill Aycock <baycock@direcway.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 10:18:47 -0500
MFJ made significant changes in the internal design and operation of the
989 tuner between the B,C, and D models. I have an original copy of the
Manual for the C, and a downloaded copy for the 989D (no diagram), but
the Tuner I have is the 989B. The tuner is well built and works.

Because the changes were very significant, I really need a manual, in
any form I can get.
Among the changes- the direction of the Capacitor variation reversed
between the B an C; The range of the counter for the Inductor was
different for the B,C, and D versions ( B was 0-100 increasing L, C was
0-125 decreasing L and D was 0-90 decreasing L.) The type of variable
inductor changed. The direction of the counter variation changed between
the B and C as did the type of counter drive ( belt to gear drive.) I
know there were changes to the Balun, as well.

With all these changes (which do not show from the outside) I feel the
need for information. Note that this is all for one model number, with
three consecutive suffixes.) MFJ is NO help.

Any help will be appreciated. (Putting it mildly)

Bill- W4BSG