[TowerTalk] RADIAL STAPLES

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RADIAL STAPLES
From: "K4PI" <k4pi@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:43:19 +0100
Out of all the ideas, all of which I tried, I still like bobby pins for the
radial pin down.  If you only need a few it is okay to make your own but I
needed thousands and it would have taken me forever to bend those.  Bobby
pins can be bought in pound boxes for around $7 which will give you several
hundred pins.  You do have to crawl to use these but by wearing gloves I can
use my thumb to push them in most of the time.  Otherwise a pair of pliers
will do the trick. The ground is rocky here so if is easier to work around
the rocks with something small.
73 Mike K4PI