Re: [TowerTalk] Lubricating air variable capacitors

To: "Tod - ID" <tod@k0to.us>, "'Jim Lux'" <jimlux@earthlink.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lubricating air variable capacitors
From: "Barrie Smith" <barrie@centric.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 17:43:06 -0600
It's mostly kerosene, and dries up, leaving a gummy residue.

It does lubricate for a short period.  It's a fair penetrating oil.

After use, it should be followed-up with a "real"oil, or lubricant, such as
(SAE 30 motor oil, or 3 in 1.

It's expensive kerosene.  It's only saving grace is that it comes in a
spray-can, enabling one to get it where they want it, and, often, where it
should not be.

73, Barrie, W7ALW