Re: [TowerTalk] Lubricating air variable capacitors

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lubricating air variable capacitors
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 20:49:12 -0500
The WD in the name stands for water displacement.  It is intended to be a
penetrant that displaces water and thus is ideal for metals that would rust
if left in a moist atmosphere.  For example, is it great to wipe down a gun
before putting it away in a case.

WD-40 is quite similar to kerosene.  It will actually dissolve lubricants.
This is why it is popular in the typical garage where items need to be
degreased and cleaned before relubricating.

73, Keith NM5G