Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 55G Tower Damage, etc.

To: <K7LXC@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>, <n9en@voyager.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn 55G Tower Damage, etc.
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 16:45:32 -0400
I agree with Steve, K7LXC.   A tower that is leaning may not really be bent.
I remember a dozen years ago when W4OTX (SK) had the guys on his tower cut
by a highway dept crew.  It looked terrible but getting all the guys hooked
back up and properly tightened and it looked like new.  Vern had a Hazer
that had to be adjusted somewhat but once that was done it tracked up the
tower like a champ.

His tower just leaned and did not bend and this sounds like what happened to
the Rohn 55G.

Fix the beam or beams and the guys and go back to operating.

73 Dave K4JRB