Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for photo of 30' tower

To: Delbert Matlock <delbert@matlock.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Looking for photo of 30' tower
From: Fred Roberts <froberts@ispwest.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 15:20:57 -0700
Delbert-

When your XYL is in the house, she won't see the antenna. Why not just ask her what she would like to have as a gift for her working with you on the tower and antenna. After your antenna is up for a while, she won't see it, nor will your neighbors.

I always tell friends, "Ham radio is a great hobby - it keeps me off the streets, out of bars and away from loose women."

By the way, we have a small city lot (less than 1/4 acre) which supports a tower and a KT34XA and 3 Inverted Vs for 80, 40 and 30. The tower in the attached photo is at 50 feet for some work - up it's at 72 feet. I changed from a very small 3-element tribander to the 6-element KT34XA one day when my XYL was out - when she got home, I asked her how she liked my new antenna - her response, "What new antenna?"

My XYL's only argument was that she didn't want it in the front yard.

73-
Fred, W6TKV