Re: [TowerTalk] [Fwd: Re: LOW INDUCTANCE COPPER GROUNDING STRAP]

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Fwd: Re: LOW INDUCTANCE COPPER GROUNDING STRAP]
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:01:01 EDT
In a message dated 10/10/05 5:51:27 PM Greenwich Standard Time, n4baa@cox.net
writes:
However, tests have shown that "braid" is far inferior to
solid copper strapping for grounding.

I think W8JI posted on this one a while back, and if my memory serves me
correctly, the reason braid is inferior is that as it corrodes it increases
resistance.

I use copper flashing from the local metals recycler.   It comes in six inch
widths and I cut it narrower where it meets the ground rod and wrap several
stainless hose clamps around it.  My rods are copper, but I still put NoAlox on
the joint.

Bill K4XS