[TowerTalk] rohn tb25d torque bars

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rohn tb25d torque bars
From: "Stephen Sala" <k7awb@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:12:17 -0700
thanks for all the input.  right now, on my 85 foot rohn 25 tower, with a
25AG2 pointed top section, the top set of guys is at 80 feet with a guy
bracket and the three torque bars  - with 3/16" EHS cable.  It has been
working fine for 30 years using thimbles in those torque bars.

Now, I am ready to remove the pointed top section and replace it with a
SB25G 3' section and 8'3" 25AG4 flat top section.  in that manner,  1) I can
get my M2 OR2800 rotator inside the tower easily (in the three foot
section), 2) have the rotator 10 feet inside the tower for stability (using
a 24 foot AL T-6061 mast, 2" OD, 0.25" wall), and 3) use a thrust bearing at
the top of the tower.  Using my existing top guys as is without extending
them now will only put them to the top of the three foot section. That
leaves the entire 8 foot top section without guying.  A friend has shown me
how to use the extended torque bars "horizontally," connecting them also
with more 3/16" EHS wire to the top section flat plate guy holes.   In this
manner, the top guys connect via thimbles to a clevis connected to the
torque bars.

That is why I need to know the diameter in those torque bar end holes to get
the largest clevis that will fit.

thanks everyone.

73

Stephen L. Sala (Steve)